The Pack Meeting has been moved from April 8 to April 22 due to Rain.
Cub Scout Pack 108
Beech Grove, Indiana
Cub Scout Pack 108 meets at Holy Name of Jesus Catholic Church. Many of our Scouts attend Holy Name, and many are of other denominations. Pack 108 draws primarily from within the Beech Grove city limits, although a few scouts are from outside this area. We serve boys entering first through fifth grade.
Interested in joining Scouts?
Pack 108 is always looking for new boys who want to experience the adventure and camaraderie that Scouting has to offer. While we focus or recruiting efforts at the beginning of the school year, boys can join at any time. Call 317-697-3700 or click "Contact Us" to the left to request more information on how to join Pack 108, or just come to one of our meetings (see the schedule below). The Pack meetings are for all boys. Tiger Den Meetings are for First Grade, Wolf for Second, Bear for Third, and Webelos for Fourth and Fifth. For an introduction to Scouting, go to the Boy Scouts of America Web Site and click the "Cub Scouts" tab at the top.
For an introduction to Pack 108, see our parent_scout_handbook.
Like Us on Facebook:
We now issue a status update whenever we update the web site. Go to our facebook page, www.facebook.com/CubPack108 and hit like and you will get these updates in your feed.
Remember that if you owe for camp, Mrs Laker need full payment and your workership form (if needed) by April 1 for the discounted rate. If you want to know how much you owe, Mrs Laker can tell you at the Den or Pack meetings If you do not have your money and workership form turned in by April 1st, your scout can still attend camp but you will not get the discounted rate and will have to pay more with the workership. If you are an adult who wants to attend Webelos Adventure camp, you must pay for camp as well. There is no charge for adults to attend Belzer Day camp. The pack will not front money for camp.
April 12th 10am-2pm. Are you a Scout or are you interested in becoming one? Join us on Saturday, April 12th and Experience the Fun and Excitement of Scouting!
NEW SCOUT INFO/SIGN UP 9-10 AM PRIOR TO EVENT.
Must attend to get special New Member discount.
Existing Scouts- Wear your uniform and get Scout Special of $10 for
each person in your family.
It includes unlimited buffet, drinks, $10 game card and access to all
of the booths and activities above.
- Learn how to use Air-Soft Guns
- Experience Fire Safety in IFDs Smoke House
- Watch the Rope Making Machine
- See the inside of an Incredible Go-Kart
- Make your own Incredible Mini Pizza
- Attend ATAs Anti Bullying Seminar and Demonstration
- See Homeland Securitys K-9 Unit
- See How Bomb Robots Operate
- See Swat Vehicles Up Close
- Watch Officer Cyclists from Homeland Security
- Tiger Cub Trip to Channel 6 The Tiger Den will leave from Holy Name on April 15th at 6:00pm to Visit Channel 6.
- Survive Alive! Pack 108 is invited to go to Sruvive Alive, 748 Massachusetts Avenue at 5:45pm on April 15th. All Scouts welcome. More info Forthcoming.
- The next Pack meeting will be Tuesday April 22 at Sara Bolton Park in Beech Grove. All Cub Scouts attend the Pack meetings. Look for the Pack Banner
- Pack Camp Out will be May 30th and 31st at Camp Belzer. More on this will be coming.
- June 23-27th, 2014: Cub Scout Day Camp (All Grades)
- June 29-July 2, 2014: Webelos Adventure Camp (Boys going into 4th/5th grade in fall 2014, Bears and Web. 1 now)
- September 5-7: Pack 108 campout at Turkey Run State Park
- Spring 2014 Den Meetings
Pictures from the 2014 Pack 108 Den Meetings for the Wolf, Bear, and Webelos Dens. The Boys learned about art, tools, cooking, and crime prevention. Thank you to our special visitors, Art Teacher Mrs. Sutton, and Beech Grove officers Bragg and Dalton.
- March 22, 2014 Pinewood Derby
Pack 108 gathered on March 22nd, 2014 at Holy Name Catholic Church in Beech Grove to run the Pinewood Derby. Champions were crowned by den, the Pack voted on the coolest design, and a Single Elimination Tournament determined the fastest car in the Pack. Adults, siblings, and visitors even got to compete in the Open category.
- March 11, 2014 Pack Meeting
Beech Grove Animal Control Officer Steve Durbin and Chief Mark Swartz talked to the boys about being an Animal Control Officer, responsible pet ownership and what to do if they encounter a loose or stray animal.
- February 23, 2014 Indiana State Museum The Webelos I Den visited the State Museum to see a Geology show, and earned their Geology Activity Pin.
- February 9, 2014 Blue and Gold Pack 108 celebrated the birthday of Scouting with the Blue and Gold Banquet. Our Webelos II's crossed over into Boy Scouting, and 182 individual items were awarded.
- February 8, 2014 Indiana Ice Game Pack 108 attended the Indiana Ice game as part of Circuit of Fun and saw the Ice defeat the Phantoms. The boys got a chance to see a rare short-handed goal by the Ice.
- January 25, 2014 Monster Jam Pack 108 visits Monster Jam at Lucas Oil Stadium.
- January 14, 2014 Pack Swim.
Pack 108 reserved the Baxter YMCA Pool on a Saturday night so that we could work on requirements for Belt Loops, Sports Pins, and Webelos pins, and generally have fun.
- December 17, 2013 Christmas Party and Pack Meeting The Boys play games, receive awards, get Pinewood Cars from Santa Claus, and have a Christmas Party.
- November 22, 2013 Circuit of Fun Pacers Game Pack 108 goes to the Pacers Game as part of Circuit of Fun.
- November 12, 2013 November Pack Meeting Jacob from Camp Belzer came and talked to the Scouts and Parents about Cub Scout Day Camp.
- Fall, 2013 Various Den Meetings We have a lot of den meetings. And sometimes we take pictures at those meetings!
- November 3, 2013 Service Project at the library After a very windy storm swept Beech Grove, Pac, 108 went ot the library to clean up debris from the grounds.
- October 29, 2013 Halloween Party The Pack's annual halloween party.
- October 10, 2013 Cub Scout Fun Day Various Scouts from Pack 108 attended Cub Scout Fun Day at the Speedway, and sent us pictures.
- October 8, 2013 Pack meeting Pack 108's October 2013 Pack meeting. Bobcat was awarded to three boys, and all those attending earned the Marbles Belt Loop.
- September 21st, 2013 Super Popcorn Saturday Pack 108 sold popcorn for 4 shifts at 4 different stores. We sold $2650 worth of popcorn, and got $327.11 in donations. After each shift the boys returned to Matt's House for hot dogs and games.
- September 14th, 2013 Fall Festival Parade. Pack 108 marched in the 2013 Beech Grove Fall Festival Parade on Main Street. 17 scouts threw over 1200 pieces of candy!
- September 10th, 2013 Pack Meeting. The Pack Presented awards from summer camp, introduced the Scouts to one another, prepared for our annual Popcorn sale, and played games.
- August 28th, 2013 Tiger Den Meeting.The Tigers got their books, worked on the Cub Scout Motto, Sign, and Handshake, and Played Frizbee.
- August 13th, 2013 Sign Up Night. We kicked off the 2013/2014 year with a Sign-Up party. Parents filled out paperwork while the boys played games, ate snacks, and tried out the Pinewood Derby track. We signed up 28 new boys, and renewed a bunch more.
Pictures and events prior to August of 2013 have been moved to the Old News page. Check it out here!