Cub Scout Pack 108
Beech Grove, Indiana
Cub Scout Pack 108 meets at Holy Name of Jesus Catholic Church. Many of our Scouts attend Holy Name, and many are of other denominations. Pack 108 draws primarily from within the Beech Grove city limits, although a few scouts are from outside this area. We serve boys entering first through fifth grade.
Interested in joining Scouts?
Pack 108 is always looking for new boys who want to experience the adventure and camaraderie that Scouting has to offer. While we focus or recruiting efforts at the beginning of the school year, boys can join at any time. Call 317-697-3700 or click "Contact Us" to the left to request more information on how to join Pack 108, or just come to one of our meetings (see the schedule below). The Pack meetings are for all boys. Tiger Den Meetings are for First Grade, Wolf for Second, Bear for Third, and Webelos for Fourth and Fifth. For an introduction to Scouting, go to the Boy Scouts of America Web Site and click the "Cub Scouts" tab at the top.
For an introduction to Pack 108, see our parent_scout_handbook.
Like Us on Facebook:
We now issue a status update whenever we update the web site. Go to our facebook page, www.facebook.com/CubPack108 and hit like and you will get these updates in your feed.
Popcorn Sales are in progress! Remember that all sales this year must be prepaid. Money and Order forms are due at the Halloween party.
You can get the presentation from the Pack meeting here.
- Cub Scout Fun Day at the Speedway will be October 18th. This is one of the most fun events of the year. This is a family-based event, so you go as a family, rather than in a group with the Pack. Click Here for more information
- Wolf Den Meeting (2nd Grade) will be Tuesday October 21 at 6:30pm. Go to Holy Name Hartman Hall. Scouts should wear their uniform and bring their scout books to den meetings.
- Bear Den Meeting (3rd Grade) will be Tuesday October 21 at 6:30pm. Go to Holy Name Hartman Hall. Scouts should wear their uniform and bring their scout books to den meetings.
- Webelos 1 Den Meeting (4th Grade) will be Tuesday October 21 at 6:30pm. Go to Holy Name Hartman Hall. Scouts should wear their uniform and bring their scout books to den meetings.
- Tiger Den Meeting (1st Grade) will be Wednesday October 22 at 6:30pm. Go to the Holy Name Conference Rooms. Scouts should wear their uniform and bring their scout books to den meetings.
- Popcorn Orders are Due October 28th. All money and orders must be submitted by October 28th, or your orders will not be filled! You can bring them to the Halloween Party!
- Pack Halloween Party Our Pack Halloween Party will be October 28th at 7:00 PM at Holy Name. Please arrive right at 7:00, as the doors to the room will be locked as we prepare for the party. Wear your costume!
- The next Pack meeting will be Tuesday November 4 at Holy Name in Hartman Hall. All Cub Scouts attend the Pack meetings. Scouts should wear their full uniform and neckerchief to Pack Meetings.
We're having a drawing for a prize. Get 1 ticket for wearing a Pack T-Shirt, 2 Tickets for wearing a uniform, or 3 Tickets for wearing a uniform and neckerchief.
- November 22, 2014 - Pacers Game Circuit of Fun Event
- December 7, 2014 - Ringling Bros. Circus Circuit of fun Event
- January 24, 2015 - Monster Truck Jam Circuit of fun Event
- February 8, 2015 - Blue and Gold Banquet
- March 14, 2015 - Pinewood Derby
- March 14, 2015 - SuperCross Circuit of fun Event
- June 22-26, 2015 - Cub Scout Day Camp
- June 28-July 1, 2015 - Webelos Adventure Camp
- Fall Festival Parade
Beech Grove Cub Scout Pack 108 walks in the Beech Grove Fall Festival Parade.
- Pack Hike
Beech Grove Cub Scout Pack 108 goes for a hike at Eagle Creek Park in July 2014 as a Summer activity.
- Webelos Adventure Camp
Pack 108's Webelos go to Webelos Adventure Camp at Camp Kikthawenund for a 4 day, 3 night stay. Robert, Matthew, Quinten, Jack, Nathan and Devon did archery, pellet gun shooting, swimming, boating, camping, singing, science, and lots of other fun stuff.
- Cub Scout Day Camp, Day 3-5
Pack 108 attends Cub Scout Day Camp at Camp Belzer (Wednesday-Thursday-Friday).
- Cub Scout Day Camp, Day 2
Pack 108 attends Cub Scout Day Camp at Camp Belzer (TUESDAY).
- Cub Scout Day Camp, Day 1
Pack 108 attends Cub Scout Day Camp at Camp Belzer.
- 2014 Spring Pack Campout
Pack 108 goes on a Pack-organized campout to camp Belzer. We played games, did a nature hike, made sit-upons, did meal preparations, and had a campfire.
- April Pack Meeting - Kickball
Pack 108 gathered at Sara Bolton Park in Beech Grove for a Pack Meeting and Kickball game.
- Spring 2014 Den Meetings
Pictures from the 2014 Pack 108 Den Meetings for the Wolf, Bear, and Webelos Dens. The Boys learned about art, tools, cooking, and crime prevention. Thank you to our special visitors, Art Teacher Mrs. Sutton, and Beech Grove officers Bragg and Dalton.
- March 22, 2014 Pinewood Derby
Pack 108 gathered on March 22nd, 2014 at Holy Name Catholic Church in Beech Grove to run the Pinewood Derby. Champions were crowned by den, the Pack voted on the coolest design, and a Single Elimination Tournament determined the fastest car in the Pack. Adults, siblings, and visitors even got to compete in the Open category.
- March 11, 2014 Pack Meeting
Beech Grove Animal Control Officer Steve Durbin and Chief Mark Swartz talked to the boys about being an Animal Control Officer, responsible pet ownership and what to do if they encounter a loose or stray animal.
- February 23, 2014 Indiana State Museum The Webelos I Den visited the State Museum to see a Geology show, and earned their Geology Activity Pin.
- February 9, 2014 Blue and Gold Pack 108 celebrated the birthday of Scouting with the Blue and Gold Banquet. Our Webelos II's crossed over into Boy Scouting, and 182 individual items were awarded.
- February 8, 2014 Indiana Ice Game Pack 108 attended the Indiana Ice game as part of Circuit of Fun and saw the Ice defeat the Phantoms. The boys got a chance to see a rare short-handed goal by the Ice.
- January 25, 2014 Monster Jam Pack 108 visits Monster Jam at Lucas Oil Stadium.
- January 14, 2014 Pack Swim.
Pack 108 reserved the Baxter YMCA Pool on a Saturday night so that we could work on requirements for Belt Loops, Sports Pins, and Webelos pins, and generally have fun.
- December 17, 2013 Christmas Party and Pack Meeting The Boys play games, receive awards, get Pinewood Cars from Santa Claus, and have a Christmas Party.
- November 22, 2013 Circuit of Fun Pacers Game Pack 108 goes to the Pacers Game as part of Circuit of Fun.
- November 12, 2013 November Pack Meeting Jacob from Camp Belzer came and talked to the Scouts and Parents about Cub Scout Day Camp.
- Fall, 2013 Various Den Meetings We have a lot of den meetings. And sometimes we take pictures at those meetings!
- November 3, 2013 Service Project at the library After a very windy storm swept Beech Grove, Pac, 108 went ot the library to clean up debris from the grounds.
- October 29, 2013 Halloween Party The Pack's annual halloween party.
- October 10, 2013 Cub Scout Fun Day Various Scouts from Pack 108 attended Cub Scout Fun Day at the Speedway, and sent us pictures.
- October 8, 2013 Pack meeting Pack 108's October 2013 Pack meeting. Bobcat was awarded to three boys, and all those attending earned the Marbles Belt Loop.
- September 21st, 2013 Super Popcorn Saturday Pack 108 sold popcorn for 4 shifts at 4 different stores. We sold $2650 worth of popcorn, and got $327.11 in donations. After each shift the boys returned to Matt's House for hot dogs and games.
- September 14th, 2013 Fall Festival Parade. Pack 108 marched in the 2013 Beech Grove Fall Festival Parade on Main Street. 17 scouts threw over 1200 pieces of candy!
- September 10th, 2013 Pack Meeting. The Pack Presented awards from summer camp, introduced the Scouts to one another, prepared for our annual Popcorn sale, and played games.
- August 28th, 2013 Tiger Den Meeting.The Tigers got their books, worked on the Cub Scout Motto, Sign, and Handshake, and Played Frizbee.
- August 13th, 2013 Sign Up Night. We kicked off the 2013/2014 year with a Sign-Up party. Parents filled out paperwork while the boys played games, ate snacks, and tried out the Pinewood Derby track. We signed up 28 new boys, and renewed a bunch more.
Pictures and events prior to August of 2013 have been moved to the Old News page. Check it out here!